Swiss CNC Setup Machinists Needed - All Shifts!
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Erie, PA
Remedy is partnering with one of our manufacturing clients to fill their Swiss CNC Setup Machinist openings. There are opportunities on all three shifts: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM. And 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM. These are full-time opportunities with great benefits!
- Perform all set-ups and operates Swiss CNC lathes proficiently and with very minimal supervision
- Select and set cutting tools and/or tool holders as required and effectively troubleshoot machine tool/tooling problems, taking corrective actions as appropriate.
- Use precision instruments and measuring devices including but not limited to all hand-held gauges, optical comparator, and CMM to inspect workpieces in progress.
- Adjust machining parameters to achieve properly documented first pieces and inspect work in progress so that all parts conform to drawing specifications, taking appropriate action if defective parts are found.
- Create set-up sheets and follow set-up sheets, process instructions, work instructions, and other instructions to insure a reliable and repeatable process for production.
- Document process results legibly and accurately using SPC charts, dimensional results forms, production logs, etc.
- Perform miscellaneous assembly operations.
- Operate manual and CNC machinery, opening doors, turning cranks and pulling levers, etc.
- Swiss CNC lathe setup and operation experience, along with use of basic gages (micrometers, calipers)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read and understand drawings and precision measuring instruments
- Must be able to interpret SPC chart results with advanced understanding
- Swiss CNC lathe programming experience (G-Code or CAM) preferred
- Must be physically able to perform the following tasks on a frequent basis:
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Stand for several consecutive hours without rest
- Bend and reach
- Walk within and between areas
- Climb stairs
Note: work environment is hot, especially in the summer
Friday, June 28, 2019