Linear Variable Differential Transformers (LVDT) Designer
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Clifton Springs, NY
The Designer is responsible for creating viable LVDT (Linear Variable Differential Transformers) design solutions in response to customer requirements for a component or system- (aerospace applications in flight, engine control systems, thrust reversers and thrust vectoring systems for commercial and military air and spacecrafts). The Designers work is guided by a project engineer who is responsible for the overall development project. The stages of the development process are completed per the NPDP (New Product Development Process); scoping, design, demonstration, qualification, pilot production and full production. Throughout this process the designer works as a member of a cross functional team. The designer remains responsible for the management and upkeep of the product drawings, documentation and bills of material during and after launch.
Completion of new product design projects from creation of concepts through development, qualification, and production support.
- Determination of design feasibility to achieve performance, quality, cost and time expectations.
- Applications of engineering principles to design and develop new products, or modify existing products.
- Analysis of test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Develops component or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Coordinates manufacturing / building of prototype products.
- Plans own work and delivers results on time.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of Associates degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years related experience
- Mechanical design and analysis skills;
- Comprehensive problem solving / decision making skills
- Communication skills - must be able to present complex technical data both orally, in writing and in concise terms.
- Computer Skills: CREO CAD and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Lean Six Sigma experience, DFM and DFA would be advantageous
- Strong process and detail orientation
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing fabrication methods, joining and finishing processes would be helpful.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Direct Hire, excellent benefits and competitive salary.
Wednesday, June 12, 2019