Quality Technician- Direct Hire, 3rd Shift
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
This position reports directly to the QA Manager and interacts with all levels of the organization. Works to improve overall effectiveness of the quality program and quality assurance initiatives such as continuous improvement and customer fulfillment. Assist operations and quality management to ensure process control and product conformity is satisfied in accordance with established procedures and policies.
- Communicate with others on order status and completion.
- Be able to complete quality documentation.
- Perform visual quality inspections and finished product to meet predetermined quality specifications and standards
- Effectively navigate ERP system (Amtech)
- Participate in internal quality audits
- Document all inspections and any non-conformances found during inspection
- Maintains, understands and able to use various types of measuring equipment
- Cooperates with other co-workers and operations personnel in a team effort to identify potential Quality issues
- May be asked to assist in the resolution of customer complaints.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean, safe and orderly fashion.
- Review job folder and supply proper color standard prior to production.
- Review, approve and file completed job folders.
- Assist with product sorting.
- Review and approve customer samples.
- Proper disposition of non-conforming product.
- Adhere to all company policies and interact with all co-workers in a cooperative spirit.
- Any and all other duties may be assigned as needed or requested.
- 1-3 years of experience in quality assurance.
- Basic math skills
- Ability to read, write and keep detailed records
- Good computer skills including Word and Excel
- ISO9001:2008 experience preferred
- General understanding of manufacturing processes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Able to use standard measurement tools to inspect product.
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as job tickets, SOP’s, and WI’s.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Thursday, June 27, 2019