HR Manager (Direct Hire)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Elmira, NY
Remedy Professional Services is currently aiding in a search for a full-time, direct-hire HR Manager to work in an Elmira union manufacturing plant.
This position designs, plans and implements human resources programs. Directs and administers Plant Health & Safety programs. Manages Human Resource department. Administration of benefit and compensation programs and policies. Compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Administer Labor Contract: Provide advice and counsel to management and bargaining unit personnel on plant practices, and contract interpretations. Conduct Labor Management meetings. Process grievances.
- Direct Safety and Health Programs: Develop and supervise safety programs, establish goals, maintain awareness, communications. Direct plant security program.
- Develop Employees: Conduct training and development programs, identify management potential and provide back-up systems. Supervise all Apprenticeship Training Programs.
- Administer Benefit Compensation Program: Communicate and coordinate group medical, retirement, 401(k) savings, holiday and vacation policies. Complete timely, all necessary paperwork to affect all salary changes, appraisal process, relocation policies, plant medical services and plant insurance claim processing.
- Staff and Schedule: Administer absentee policies and vacation schedules. Recruit and interview applicants for all plant personnel positions.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Oversee/advise on OSHA standards. Supervise all environmental reporting and hazardous wastes handing. Maintain minority and female agency contracts and goals.
- Enhance Company Image: Oversee and conduct plant tours, visits and civic communications. Participate in recycling activities and personnel associations.
- BS/BA required in a related area and at least 8 years of experience in the field.
- Experience in a union environment (handling grievances, contract negotiations) is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, in person and in writing with peers and various levels of management within the company and with agencies and vendors externally.
- Familiar with a variety of human resource concepts, practices and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This position will pay $80-90K + 10% bonus potential.
Company benefits include company contributed medical, dental, vision, and HSA; company-paid life insurance and short-term disability; voluntary long-term disability and AD&D; FSA; 401K with company match; tuition reimbursement; vacation time and 10 paid holidays.
Thursday, May 9, 2019
$80-90K + bonus potential