EHS Manager (Environmental Health & Safety) HSE HES
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Geneva, NY
Remedy Professional Services is currently supporting a search for a full-time, direct-hire Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager to work Monday-Friday, days.
Our client is a manufacturing facility in Geneva.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership in problem solving and optimize manufacturing processes to achieve better performance.
- Drive environmental and safety excellence and comply with all laws and regulations
• Provide proactive leadership and direction to achieve the EH&S vision
• Develop and implement programs with primary emphasis on the proactive prevention of workplace injury/illness and reduction of severity ratings
• Provide expertise and leadership in the anticipation, recognition, and evaluation of safety and environmental related issues
• Work closely with operations to identify risks and develop/implement risk mitigations
• Serve as the primary records facilitator for Environmental, Health and Safety related documentation and reporting
• Develop and manage Environmental Health and Safety metrics
• Provide oversight of the site's PSM program and own certain elements of that program
• Help the site maintain safety procedures and facilitate the site's safety program
Lead environmental activities such as hazardous waste management, spill response, regulatory reporting and storm water management
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, related field, and/or five (5) or more years’ equivalent EH&S experience
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility in a similar role
- Proven track record of mentoring and developing future leaders.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated capability to run complex projects.
- Possesses strategic planning skills and demonstrates ability to lead changes in processes and culture.
- CSP, ASP, CHMM or other EHS certification is preferred
Competitive pay and benefits.
Large company with room to grow. This company offers a comprehensive benefit package after 30 days, including company-contributed health insurance, dental, vision, vacation time, company-paid life insurance, 401K + company match, and more.
To apply for this position, please respond to this posting with a copy of your resume attached.
Friday, March 15, 2019