Quality Assurance Manager
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Brockport, NY
Remedy is partnering with our manufacturing client to fill their Quality Assurance Manager opening. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with great benefits! The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of interacting with the FDA.
- Manage the development and assurance of the company’s quality systems and procedures
- Hire, train, and provide direct leadership in managing QA employees according to company standards
- Proactively oversee, and manage operations employees, in all areas, to ensure compliance of company policies and expectations.
- Develop and maintain departmental metrics and provide subsequent trend data to analyze and drive food safety, cost and quality improvements throughout the operation.
- Manage departmental labor and supply costs according to the approved operating budget, and drive cost savings improvements.
- Proactively create and manage a strong HACCP program that effectively mitigates risks, ensures food safety, and drives quality and food safety improvements throughout the operation through validation and verification
- Proactively manage, validate and verify the company’s GFSI certification and compliance.
- Identify and implement appropriate testing policies and procedures.Develop and manage technical competencies to ensure predictability and sustainable improvement methods for food safety and quality.
- Ensure regular swabbing and environmental sampling
- Ensure all micro testing is analyzed, completed and communicated internally and externally.
- Ensure the completion of in-depth testing of finished products (pathogens, nitrates, sodium chloride, moisture, etc.) and environmental matter.
- Manage 3rd party laboratory testing and reporting.
- Actively manage the review and approvals for specifications of raw materials and finished goods.Develop and manage a program for the maintenance, knowledge, communication and guidance on all customer specifications.
- Serve as a primary operations quality contact for employees, customers, inspectors and auditors.Respond to all requests for documentation and other required QA related information.
- Develop and manage a system for the maintenance and provision of all company and customer COAs.
- Develop and manage a plant-wide environmental monitoring program that drives improvements in sanitation and provides data that guides the decision-making process for continuous improvement of food safety.
- 5-7 years of experience in Quality Assurance in Food Manufacturing or equivalent
- Broad knowledge and experience of Food Safety and HACCP systems / Quality Management systems
- General knowledge of food manufacturing processes, maintenance, production, regulatory agencies.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of laboratory systems and equipment
- College degree in Food Science or Microbiology preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, stand and sit for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to loud, cold and high places, variable temperature, moving parts, and a wet environment.
Wednesday, June 12, 2019