Quality Engineering Manager
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Canandaigua, NY
Successful candidate is responsible to ensure APQP methodology is adhered to with new product development. Ensure all products meet contractual requirements defined by customer purchase orders.Management of improving product and process quality and the implementation of Lean Sigma to optimize processes, and maintaining adherence to governing regulations and standards. The Quality Engineering manager is responsible for the training and coaching of department personnel. The QE manager requires strong interpersonal and communications skills interacting directly with customers, and all levels of Company leadership.
- Responsible for QE personnel to ensure product conformance at component, subassembly & final assembly.
- Establish departmental metrics and goals in support of organizational strategic goals.
- Create performance metrics for QE functions that measure performance, and highlight improvement effort results.
- Review existing procedures to ensure the most efficient methods are employed, lead changes where needed, and revise procedures accordingly.
- Lead improvement projects to reduce cost of poor quality and customer escapes.
- Author procedures that accurately reflect processes and are compliant to applicable standards.
- Communicate expectations with personnel by establishing individual annual performance goals, with follow-up, and provide the leadership to ensure their success.
- Develop and implement personnel training plans to improve competencies as required.
- Foster and promote open communications with supported departments such as Engineering and Operations.
- Establish cross-training with QEs to support surge operations.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Occasional domestic and international travel will be required.
Education, Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelors degree (Engineering discipline required).
- 7 to 10 years of Quality Engineering experience with two years supervisory experience.
- Experience in Aerospace or Automotive industries required.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with AS9100, ISO9001, and / or TS16949 standards.
- Strong GD&T background, experience with Gage R&R studies, and understanding of SPC principles.
- Ability to develop personnel through mentoring and coaching, both formally and informally, and most importantly by example.
- Experience in manufacturing of components (i.e. Machining, Injection Molding, Metal fabrication stampings, plating) as well as assembly of electro mechanical devices.
- Versed at developing metrics, and implementing actions that make improvements in those metrics.
- Working knowledge of blueprint interpretation in accordance with ANSI/Y-14.5.
- Expert knowledge in systematized approach to problem solving methodologies (8D, RCCA, 7 Step, CAR, etc.) and process/product FMEA
- Comfortable in developing and conducting presentations with Power Point.
- Strong communications skills, in both oral and written forms.
- Comfortable in making decisions in a rapid paced, forward evolving environment.
- Unquestionable commitment to, and ability to lead actions in, continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to independently make judgment determinations, particularly relating to product conformance, while elevating to Senior Management when prudent to do so.
Friday, January 18, 2019