Route Sales Driver ($1,000 Sign on Bonus)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Tonawanda, NY
Overview:Currently seeking a Route Sales Driver to safely operate a sales route, sells orders, merchandise, and distributes the company’s products to enhance the profitability of the company. Must exhibit excellent service to customers, presenting them with fresh products to maximize sales.
Interface daily with store managers, receiving clerks and all other customer employees and consumers to sell the company and its products. Works autonomously, driving a step van route truck; delivers products in a predetermined territory to grocery stores, restaurants, and other accounts. Must be able to sell additional business through soliciting new customers, proper merchandising and distribution effective promotional activity, and maintenance of positive good will.
- Using proper ordering and distribution techniques, ensures that products offered for sales are fresh; removes unsold product from customer shelves in accordance with established company procedures.
- Strives for first position on grocery shelves to attract consumer attention and generate additional sales.
- Wears an authorized company uniform and maintains a neat and clean personal appearance, provides timely daily service to accounts, provides courteous service, responsive to customer needs, and uses effective selling techniques to gain maximum grocer cooperation.
- Maintains effective record keeping to track trends in the market place, is alert to competitor activities and takes advantage of promotional opportunities to ensure proper distribution of products; includes ordering, several days in advance, a sufficient quantity of products and the right mix of products, and then ensuring that the right product is in the right stores at the right time.
- Follows established company guidelines and uses own creativity to enhance sales through effective merchandising of products; includes clean and neat shelf displays, use of point-of-sales advertising material, special display activity, callbacks in key accounts, and the like.
- Recognizes that the route truck is a traveling advertisement for products, operates the vehicle in a safe, courteous fashion, in accordance with defensive driving techniques as taught by the company; works in a safe manner, is alert to and avoids creating safety hazards for customers in stores, maintains a neat orderly route truck.
- Ensures accuracy of daily load, accurately accounts for product sold at each stop, ensures accurate sales invoices for each customer, and accurately accounts for daily sales actively at the end of each day, in strict adherence to company financial/security policies and procedures.
- Actively solicits business at establishments on the route that are not currently buying/using our product.
- Communicates daily with sales supervision to further evaluate marketplace trends and opportunities.
- Performs numerous special activities, at the direction of sales management, to build profitable sales on the route.
Education and Experience:
- Must have proficient basic math skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Must be computer literate and proficient w. Microsoft Office
- Must be able to adapt quickly to various working and driving conditions
- Required to pass and obtain a DOT physical
- Clean driving record
- Required to pass a background and drug screening
- HS education or equivalent
- Must to be able to comfortably lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to determine color codes and have dexterity to utilize a hand-held computer
Direct hire position, base salary plus commission. $1,000 sign on bonus.
Friday, November 30, 2018