Assistant Quality Manager
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Syracuse, NY
Overview: Responsible for assisting the Quality Manager with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Continues maintenance and improvement oversight of company’s certified ISO 9000 Quality Management System.
- Contracts review for all quality specification requirements and compliance planning.
- Oversees sub-contract vendor Quality System Certifications and maintenance of approved vendor listing.
- Coordinates of plant-wide tool calibration system.
- Manages special projects
- Enacts Continued SyteLine MIS system development, simplification, maintenance and reporting support.
- Develops a strong backup team through training and development.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of processes and productivity.
- Administers company’s performance appraisal policy and recommend merit increases, promotions, transfers and other personnel actions for assigned personnel in the absence of the Quality Manager.
- Assures professional standards in all conduct and communications and maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ensures that the organization’s Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensures evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
- Oversees inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring that they meet requirements.
- Answers employee questions regarding quality standards as necessary to ensure good quality production facilities wide.
- Manages the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products.
- Leads a team of Quality engineers, inspectors, auditors, analysts, and technicians or other quality technical staff
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions).
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Oversee product returns and work through direct reports for operator retraining on quality specifications.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality
- Works in conjunction with Procurement, Production, and any other department that has an effect on the quality of the organization’s products.
Educational, Experience Based & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in applied science or engineering field or five to seven years related experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Strong quality management systems experience in manufacturing with demonstrated ability in and management of the ISO program for the organization.
- Quality managers must have proven ability to lead a diverse team of technicians.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and management skills.
- Experience with MS-Office (especially Excel, Word) is needed. Project management experience is a plus.
- Lift up to and including 35 lbs.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package. Direct hire, full-time.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019