Position: Receiving Quality Inspector – Direct Hire 1st shift
Location: Le Roy Area
Citizenship: American Citizenship is required
Hours: Monday – Friday 7am-3:30pm
Salary: Confidential Hourly Rate + 100% paid medical, also 401k contributions and matching, life insurance, profit sharing, vacation and paid holidays
Manages Others: No
Education: HSD/GED Required
Experience: 3 years of quality inspection AND document review experience; must be able to read blueprints and use mics and calipers. Must be able to pass a math and quality proficiency test. Must have experience reviewing incoming documentation such as certificates of compliance, heat numbers, lot numbers, approved vendor documentation etc.
* Reporting directly to QC Supervisor or his/her designate, utilizes drawings, blueprints, dimensional tolerances and specification to perform product inspection duties with a good understanding of quality requirements, order specifications, mill test reports and the use of precision measuring equipment. Also perform inspection activities in accordance with Quality System procedures. Witnesses evaluation of test procedures and final acceptance of units in Receiving.
* Interprets drawings, dimensional tolerances and specifications.
* Inspects parts or products received against purchase order specifications for general commercial items.
* Examines machined parts or products using precision measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers and other measuring tools applicable to the parts and/or products.
* Determines product acceptance/rejection and documents inspection results.
* Documents and issues product non-conformance reports (NCR).
* Maintains documentation required by the position.
* Will observe safe work procedures and conform to good housekeeping standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the QC Supervisor or his/her designate.
Education and Experience Required:
* 3 years quality inspection and documentation review required
* 3 years Blueprint reading, metrology and inspection experience required
* Must be able to use mics and calipers, gauges
* High school diploma or GED/BOCES required.
* Basic computer skills.
* Must pass proficiency test.
* Required to pass an eye examination including color blindness test.