PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - MACHINING , FOUNDRY, GRAPHITE
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Syracuse, NY
Overview: Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of production personnel to meet production timetables and quality goals. Ensures direct reports follow company policies, motivates team, conducts performance appraisals, participates in interviewing, job transfer recommendations. Production Supervisor ensures the team is working productively to meet shipping timetables for customer satisfaction.
- Plans and directs production to obtain maximum utilization of assigned personnel, equipment and materials and to ensure on time shipment of parts meeting customer’s specifications
- Coordinates the requisitioning and expediting of all raw materials, and perishable tools
- Assists in developing or revising standard operational and working practices and observes employees to ensure compliance with standards
- Inspects equipment to ensure specific operational performance and coordinates repairs and preventive maintenance with Maintenance personnel to ensure minimum downtime.
- Provides hands on departmental instruction and training and determines external training required by assigned personnel and submits needs to General Manager
- Administers company’s performance appraisal policy and recommends merit increases,promotions, transfers and other personnel actions for assigned personnel to General Manager
- Ensures that all safety policies and practices, use of personal protective equipment and good housekeeping are adhered to.
- Makes recommendations for improvement of processes and productivity
- Conducts corrective actions, implements performance appraisals, assists in interviewing for departmental vacant positions, makes wage increase recommendations, recommendations for promotions and demotions etc.
- Attends the daily production meeting and provides departmental status reports, staffing data, and production status to the General Manager and Production Management Production Meeting Team.
- Reviews the production schedule for the department and plans machinery set ups and change overs to ensure production goals are met.
- Spot inspects and verifies that departmental employees are productive and following company policies including but not limited to PPE requirements and work rules.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
Educational, Experience & Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent with additional supervisory training.
- A.S. in Mechanical technology or B.S. degree a plus.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing company specializing in the particular production process
- Production supervisor experience in machining (CNC), aluminum foundry, and/or reaction injection molding preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel, email, and Outlook.
- Supervisory experience in an injection molding environment preferred.
- 5 years of production supervision experience preferred.
- Lift up to and including 35 lbs.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package. Direct hire, full-time.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019