Senior Tax Accountant
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Syracuse, NY
Attention Senior Tax Accountants! You definitely want to check this out… Excellent opportunity to work with one of the top CPA and Consulting firms in the area. Our client is offering a comprehensive benefits package,competitive pay and OUTSTANDING extra perks and benefits. Be sure to apply to learn more about this highly regarded company, their personal training and mentoring programs that foster continued growth and learning.
Overview: Successful candidate will have experience managing multiple challenges,delivering customer satisfaction and organizing multiple priorities.
- Successful completion of client engagements including compilations, reviews, and tax compliance.
- Develop understanding of client’s business and aspects of client’s industry.
- Prepare clear and concise working papers and financial statements.
- Generate reports which identify and address areas of significant risk and evaluate overall effectiveness of operations.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Assist with development and retention of clients, including the ability to cross-sell services.
- Focus on tax planning in an effort to minimize client tax and present ongoing tax savings opportunities to clients.
- Assist clients with special projects such as budgeting and cash flow projections, tax planning and sales tax.
- Prepare and review complex corporate, individual and partnership tax returns.
- Research complex tax issues and develop resolutions.
- Deliver projects/engagements on time, within budget and to client's satisfaction.
- Supervise and mentor staff
- Prepare complex client correspondence including recommendations, technical issues, and responses to taxing authorities.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant Small Business or Tax experience, preferably with Partnership and S Corp returns
- Recent experience working in public accounting (within the last five years)
- Ability to provide mentoring and leadership to junior staff
- Ability to develop and sustain business relationships for the purpose of increasing the firms client base
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of Outlook
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Technical and Certifications:
- CPA certification a plus
- Seek involvement in professional and community organizations
- Experience with ProSystems FX/Engagement software
- Prior bookkeeping experience inclusive of QuickBooks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume for consideration. Full Time, direct hire,with excellent benefits and extra perks. Monday – Friday work week, Summer hours offered on Fridays.
Tuesday, November 20, 2018