CNC Manufacturing Engineer
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- East Syracuse, NY
Overview: Successful candidate will provide manufacturing engineering support for horizontal and vertical CNC machining centers. The Manufacturing Engineer coordinates all the CNC activity in the facilities. The ME position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods on product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Works closely with project managers and scheduling to quote times for production purposes and job estimating.
- Works with customers and engineers early in design review process to ensure successful end product
- Plan out sequence of machining operation processes for new projects.
- Enacts fixture design/work holding applications and or completion of fore said and layout and design of specialty machining tooling.
- Reads and comprehends blueprints and CAD drawings for manufacturing or programming machine code (castings and solid billets from various materials etc.)
- Acts as senior CNC programmer.
- Carries out process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Conducts technical review for purchasing new CNC equipment, fixturing devices or retro fitting of with newer technology such as on machine tooling and laser or plunger style tool touch off).
- Works with outside company to run preventative maintenance program on equipment along with local machine tool distributors for corrective action repairs when needed.
- Prepares and presents plans for the above and coordinate deployment including training of team members.
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field and 10 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering capacity preferred.
- Experience and/or training in safe work environments, capital improvement projects, and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency
- Experience in CNC machining and processing environment preferred
- Knowledge of Surfcam or similar CAM process.
- Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Design,
- Understanding of CNC machine operation, programming, tooling change, set-ups, and process improvements.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Competitivesalary andcomprehensivebenefitspackage. Direct hire, full-time.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019