Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Elmira, NY
Project Manager (Automation & Robotics) – Elmira, NY
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the day-to-day activities for the design, development, and implementation of Company projects.Provide leadership, direction and support to customer and staff focusing on project scheduling and updates to ensure timely completion and customer satisfaction.Work with vendors to order and obtain costs for parts, equipment and delivery requirements and prepare quotes for customers.
- Manage all aspects of assigned project.Serve as primary project liaison between staff, customers, and external constituencies to define project scope, schedule and budget.Address and resolve day-to-day issues and concerns with customers, suppliers, and other project staff via telephone and in person.
- Work with vendors to order and obtain costs for parts, equipment and delivery requirements and prepare quotes for customers. Provide ECO Quotes to customers for project add ons or changes.
- Develop and maintain a MS Project schedule for each project and work with the project team, robot technicians and engineers on a daily basis to ensure the project meets the customer scope and deadlines.
- Schedule and conduct design reviews with the customer and project team on an as needed basis.
- Work with the shop to make sure build of the cells are going as planned and assist with drawings and/or parts as needed.
- Manage project budgets, track project costs and communicate to management if large discrepancies occur.
- Travel to customer locations to attend project and customer meetings to demo designs, kickoff project, project review meetings, troubleshooting, installations, etc.
- Assist customer with any issues/concerns after installation.
- Perform related duties as required to maintain project schedule, budget and contractual requirements.Maintain technical knowledge and keep abreast of market, development, suppliers and competitors regarding techniques, processes and technologies.
- Supervisory responsibilities include instructing and training in work methods; assigning planning, scheduling, and checking and approving work.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or PMP.
- Preferred three years of experience in the development and implementation of automation, electrical design, programming, schematics, control system integration and troubleshooting.
- AutoCAD experience required.
- Minimum three years prior project management experience.
- Engineer to Order (ETO)
- Valid NYS driver’s license required to travel to customer locations.
- Frequent overnight and occasional weekend travel.Travel is regional and nationwide.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices, complex mathematical and engineering formulas, and material testing practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of machine and manufacturing processes.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking, negotiating, managerial, organizational, decision-making, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in engineering design, drafting, and computer aided design and drafting software, and project management software.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including ability to set and manage multiple priorities, and to establish deadlines and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- ·Possess strong problem solving abilities to address and solve challenges associated with construction operations.
- ·Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- ·Ability to provide effective advice and counsel on strategic and/or critical communication issues and to exercise effective judgement.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and data files.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and industry related technical instructions and specifications in mathematical or diagram form to understand and define product requirements.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, AutoCad, MS Project, Encompix, Inventor and Adobe Acrobat.
Monday, November 12, 2018