Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Waterloo, NY
Using Pro/E and CREO CAD systems, design and modify products and auxiliary equipment to meet industry, product and customer specifications. Prepares clear, complete and accurate working plans. As well as detailed drawings, customer submittal drawings, and other design documents from rough or detailed sketches or notes, by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
- Analyzes research data or customer specifications or proposed product specifications to determine the feasibility of product proposals.
- Develops work plans and schedules, prepares progress reports. Confers with research, customer service, sales personnel or customers to clarify or resolve problems and develop design.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics including establishment of new part numbers and bills of material or configuration rules.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs and/or performs calculations to verify design adequacy.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Prepares reports for newly performed tests or analysis.
- Confers with customer service, sales, customers and other engineering personnel to fully assess impact of proposed design modifications.
- Prepares or directs the preparation and scheduling of customer sales master and submittal drawings. Checks work performed by designers and senior designers for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs tolerance studies.
- Gathers and/or presents technical information in response to questions from engineering, sales and manufacturing personnel, and customers. Resolves production problems either in house or at suppliers' facilities.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks, including production drawings.
- Ability to take engineering concepts/ideas and translate them to design/models.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Entry Level to 4+ years relevant experience
- Experience with CREO – Required
- Experience with CadKey and or Pro-E. – Preferred
- Experience with Windchill 3D Data Management or similar.
- Ability to design in 3D parametric modeling.
- Ability to effectively utilize 2D and 3D CAD software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Proficient in creating 3D CAD models ideally using surfacing techniques.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools (with potential to learn advanced VB programming).
- Familiar with manufacturing processes and industry standards.
- Ability to investigate and identify potential improvements.
- Ability to navigate and use custom applications in a MS Windows
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Strong reasoning abilities to solve complex and practical problems.
Thursday, June 27, 2019