Chief Construction Estimator (Civil)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Currently searching for a Chief Civil Estimator for a Civil construction company who also specializes in site, gas, environmental and vegetation management. The successful candidate will lead and manage the civil construction bidding process, including awarded bids. As the Chief Estimator you are responsible for establishing, guiding and overseeing the estimating procedures for all operating units within the organization. A thorough understanding of bid development, deliverable formats, cost code prep and follow up essential requirements.
Work with division managers and upper management to make sure they are bidding viable projects for the company.
- Review project plans and specifications with all necessary staff (currently 4 in estimating department) so that the scope is fully detailed.
- Prepare and maintain the annual workload plan of up to 8 Divisions of more than $50 million dollars.
- Manage the estimating department and manpower requirements.
- Manage several bids at same time and meet all deadlines.
- Manage and or participate in buy outs as needed.
- Create preliminary order of magnitude bid/estimates with initial information.
- Coordinate value engineering ideas.
- Direct technical proposals with appropriate staff as requested in bid documents.
- Manage the development of cost history database so that data may be used in future bids.
- Mange the maintenance of subcontractor and vendor databases.
- Some travel (estimated less than 20%) required to bid sites.
Education and Experience:
- 20 years’ progressive experience in a civil construction work environment is required.
- Direct experience with diversified work scopes performed is highly desirable.
- Estimated several jobs in excess of$10,000,000.
- High skill level with all MS Office products.
- Demonstrable skills in estimating software systems including CLI, Microsoft Project and In site earthwork.
- College degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or Environmental Engineering is preferred.
- 20 years of construction estimating and or project management experience with large civil construction projects will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Site estimating,environmental, gas and/or vegetation experience a plus
Please submit resume with salary requirements for consideration. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including holiday and PTO.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019