Plastic Injection Molding Process Engineer
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- East Syracuse, NY
Overview: "Hands-On" Injection Molding Process Engineer; plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality injection molded products. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating molding efforts for new program launches, setting up and/or revising manufacturing processes and assisting the manufacturing operations in problem solving and continuous process improvements.
- Develop new processes, assess and document new and existing processes. Implement and evaluate changes to existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to process technicians, operators and other molding personnel.
- Maintain and update all 2D and 3D data to latest Engineering level.
- Provide primary tooling, component and packaging cost inputs for quotation of new business.
- Monitor all manufacturing processes and maintain optimization of all equipment and provide support to all ISO structure.
- Work with equipment and material vendors to resolve machine and material issues.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycles, process capability and tooling history.
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and provide new project updates.
- Implement technical solutions including statistical methodology to meet customer cost, quality, and delivery expectations.
- Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
- Develop and install all new injection molding equipment and document all implementation processes for all molded products.
- Prepare all specifications of all plastic processes and execute all gages to maintain optimal quality and assist to design all control plans.
- Manage all cost requests and establish all manufacturing costs and equipment and maintain knowledge on all safety requirements for various processes.
- Acts as a role model of desired workplace behavior and conveys a positive can do attitude thus enhancing internal and external customer relations.
- Assure professional standards in all conduct and communications and maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer preferably in Injection Molding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in plastics, chemical, mechanical engineering, or mechanical engineering technology
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE), highly preferred
- Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
- Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer/Creo/Solidworks/Mastercam/Surfcam or particular program utilized in Company preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Knowledge of PLCs and ladder logic.
- Create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests
- Provide leadership or mentorship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration
- Strong and diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing and quality.
- Lift up to and including 35 lbs.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Direct hire, full-time.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019