Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Baldwinsville, NY
SIGN ON BONUS!
The ideal candidate will operate a sheeter machine to cut rolls into sheets of the specified board size and standard quality.
Summary of essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Must be able to understand and follow computer instructions to print reports after the completion of every job.
- Must learn to keep accurate production records, including the completion of all ISO 9001-2000 required forms; and learn to accurately use different measuring devices including tape measures, calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Able to instruct other employees in all phases of work with a minimum of personal friction or conflict.
- Perform preventive maintenance by greasing and oiling the machinery as needed.
- Use specification sheets to determine what roll size to use and what the cut-off size should be.
- Adjust the roll holder to fit the size of the new roll.
- Adjust the PIV speed of the sheeter machine to cut the size of sheets needed.
- Operate sheeting machines at the most efficient production speed.
- Continuously inspects the product detecting any quality deficiencies.
- Use a forklift to haul the cut sheets to the proper storage area.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the machinery and the work area around it.
- Follow all applicable ISO procedures and make recommendations for system improvements as identified.
- Must be capable of keeping accurate records, including the completion of all required forms; and the accurate use of different measuring devices including tape measures, and all other applicable gauges for your responsibilities.
- Perform as a capable trainer.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in the folding carton industry.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend documents and verbal instructions in English for Safety, ISO, and work related tasks.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, or employees of organization.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Wednesday, August 21, 2019