The Die Maker is responsible for performing manufacture, repair and maintenance to dies in support of sheet-fed litho operations.
• Maintain dies and stripping shells in operating condition.
• Monitor production schedule to ensure dies are prepped and waiting by the press when needed.
• Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
• Monitor die and stripping shell parts and consumable inventories. Notify supervisor when an order is needed.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Establishes, maintains and promotes high standards of customer service,
• Keeps equipment operating safely with proper use and in accordance with operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and managing preventive maintenance and repairs.
• Performs other duties as required
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years of related experience and/or training;
• Strong mechanical ability and problem-solving skills sufficient to perform fabrication and build activities
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Communication skills to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of employees and suppliers
• Computer skills and math skills sufficient to perform department related tasks
• Ability to keep accurate records, including the completion of all required forms;
• Accurate use of different measuring devices including tape measures, and all applicable gauges.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, PaperWorks Industries is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications.
Our purpose is clear. To deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
At PaperWorks, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards. Product certifications include the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.