Receiving Quality Inspector
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
- Helps establish and implement inspection procedures to test the quality of all Company products from their conceptual development to release into production and final shipment.
- Runs computer aided equipment and measurement tools to complete precise measurement and testing for product development, rejected material investigations, in process and final products.
- Interacts with Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, Productions, Shipping, Vendors, and Sales regarding the quality assessment of Company and competitor products.
- Implements and maintains traceable record systems of all documentation including: test reports, inspection and audits, and first article inspections.
- Performs periodic audits of final inspections, packaging, serialization and warehouse operations.
- Works in conjunction with Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Performs product life cycle tests and records observations when required.
- Maintains and provides written results for requested tests.
- Uses statistical analysis on daily projects and test data.
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained and calibrated. May actually perform calibrations.
- Ensures inspection plans are implemented and optimized for all received parts, sub assemblies, and final assemblies.
- Ensures non conforming product is segregated and dispositioned per the Non Conforming Material Product Review (NCMR) and Material Review Board (MRB) process.
- Tools used: Computer, micrometers, calipers, comparators and other various measuring tools, hardness testers, life cycle equipment. Uses tear down tools such as pliers, wrench, screwdrivers, etc.
- High school education or certification as Quality Technician plus 2 years formal training in quality and reliability technology.
- Metrology experience a must.
- Good understanding of basic mathematics.
- Must be knowledgeable in drawing interpretation, GD&T, measurement, problem analysis, problem solving and S.P.C.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with parts and functions of company products desirable.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to make accurate judgments quickly.
- Ability to work effectively and assertively with group leaders from other departments. Basic knowledge of in-process production process.
- Working knowledge of ASTM standards.
- Operates fairly independently according to procedures established for the position, providing a detailed log of work performed.
- Must be willing to attend internal and external training seminars, and career education development programs as outlined by the Company.
Tuesday, December 18, 2018