Program Manager - Machining Sector
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Syracuse, NY
OVERVIEW: Successful candidate will be overseeing tooling, fixture, and gauge design and engineering drawing mark ups. PM will ensure launch program action items are completed on time, confirm process by conducting feasibility studies as necessary.
- Continuously monitor programs to assure quality, productivity and delivery requirements are met
- Manage programs through to completion or maturity including:
- Participating in customer design review and quotations using specific software
- Develop and maintain bills of material for all new jobs
- Develop and maintain methods and process control documentation
- Train team members in methods and processes
- Confirm that job launch program team action items are accomplished
- Oversee tooling, fixture and gauge design and engineering drawing mark-ups per job launch plans
- Coordinate subcontract services as necessary to fulfill customer’s needs
- Manage project folders, engineering change notices
- Primary customer contact, coordinating on-site visits, documenting action item follow-up, customer visit reports, telephone conversations through completion
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Participate in MRBs relating to return of parts from assigned programs and determine root cause and resolution
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Proactively support the ISO process approach to quality management and the SyteLine MIS system.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology
- 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer preferably in Metal Fabrication or Injection Molding environment. This position may be department specific to Metals (Fabrication via CNC or foundry) or Plastics.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
- Superior computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer/Creo/Solidworks
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests
- Able to provide leadership or mentorship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pds. as needed
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package. Direct hire, full-time.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019