Retail General Manager
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Remedy Professional Services is currently aiding in a search for a direct-hire, permanent Retail General Manager.
Our client is a retail store that has been serving the Rochester community for decades.
The General Manager will supervise the entire location and must effectively communicate with and supervise the associates.
- Training, evaluation and development of associates, including appropriate documentation.
- Will attend weekly Department Manager Meetings and conduct daily morning huddles.
- Will participate in the budget process and review P& L statements regularly. Controls expenses within the guidelines of the budget for the department.
- Will review the item prices in the scales, Inventory System, signage in the store; implement appropriate updates; and ensure all items are price as marked. Will review the weekly advertisement with the associates.
- Responsible for all county-regulated evaluations including Weights and Measures, SNAP Benefits and Health Department yearly visits.
- Will make innovative suggestions when appropriate for products and programs. Will write goals and objectives for the department that are reasonable and measurable.Will participate in the development of weekly advertisements.
- Will evaluate all items and work with the buyers to research potential items for product quality and packaging.Responsible for merchandising the cases/display areas and decorating the store.
- The General Manager is responsible for community partnerships. This could include periodic events or offsite requirements.
- BS/BA in business, hospitality or related field preferred
- 5 years in management, mostly in retail
- Proven record of organizational strength, documentation, planning and accomplishment (results)
- Strong financial discipline orientation (budgets, account management cost per sales, margins, etc.)
- Self-starter, goal oriented, creative and driven.
- Display enthusiasm and promote friendly working environment.
- Strong managerial, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Execution and plan to identify concrete entrepreneurial opportunities and promote brands.
This position will pay $50-65K.
Company benefits include company-contributed medical, dental and vision plans; Life and AD&D insurance; Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Life Assistance Program; HSA and FSA; employer-contributed 401K; and more.
To apply for this position, please reply to this posting with your resume attached and mention the title of the position you're applying for.
Monday, January 28, 2019