CAD Designer- Direct Hire
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Remedy Intelligent Staffing is currently partnering with a leading supplier of highly engineered, critical equipment and systems for global energy, chemical and industrial markets. We have a client with an immediate opening in their Rochester, NY office for a 3D CAD Designer experienced in 3D Modeling of Modular Process Systems Piping.
- 3D modeling experience using AutoCAD and Cadworx Plant Pro or similar software.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; B.A. in technical design is a plus.
- A certificate or A.A.S. degree in CAD design or mechanical technology is a plus.
- Candidates with 1-5 years of relevant experience in 3D modeling using AutoCAD, CadWorx Plant Pro, AutoCAD Plant 3D or similar software will be considered
- Candidates with 5+ of relevant experience will be given preferential consideration.
- Must be proficient with Excel for specifications sheets and bills of materials.
- Familiarity with instrumentation typically used in the chemical process industry is a plus.
- Designer will be responsible for the design and drafting of Engineered Solutions projects involving equipment, process piping and structural steel design and layout.
- These process systems are typically skid mounted or modular and can vary in size from small pallet-sized modules to multi-skidded, multi-level structures with stair towers.
- Work with the Process Engineer to create 2D P&ID(s) using AutoCAD
- Utilize the Equipment Specification Sheets from the Project Engineer and vendor product information to model the equipment in 3D
- Utilize the Instrument Specification Sheets from the Project Engineer and vendor product information to model the instruments in 3D
- Develop a 3D model of a structural steel support structure on which to mount the system equipment and support the system piping, and include operating platforms.
- Make any modifications to steel design or member sizes as suggested by the structural engineer.
- Develop the 3D model of the entire system utilizing the above and modeling in 3D all the process and utility piping.
- Participate in the customer model review with the engineer via internet meeting platforms and make any required resultant changes to the model.
- From the model, the Designer creates the 2D steel drawings, 2D orthographic and 2D isometric drawings used by the shop for fabrication of the system.
- From the model, the Designer provides the Project Engineer or Project Manager with the various bills of materials to be used for procurement of all system materials.
- During fabrication of the system, the Designer works with the Project Engineer and the shop to trouble shoot any issues with the fabrication and/or drawings and to make any changes in the design required by the customer or shop.
- Designer reviews the fabricated system and creates as-built model and drawings.
Tuesday, April 16, 2019