Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Currently recruiting for a level 2 Systems Engineer. Successful candidate will have the ability to handle multiple customer requests for service and provide communications and resolutions.
Must be able to setup, manage and maintain Windows Server environments, communicates effectively with others, is a self-starter, creative, and able to think through a problem from start to finish – solutions minded.
The Systems Engineer will possess a strong networking background in Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies, as well as, wireless networking and firewalls. You will be supporting network equipment, servers, documenting and consulting with customers. Must be able, willing to communicate between customer relations, desktop support, server technologies, networking.
- Support customers with workstation problem troubleshooting; Act as L2 & L3 support.
- Setup and install Windows servers for customers; verify server configurations and functionality; maintain and update servers as needed.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secure systems by developing system access, monitoring, and control policies; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; monitor and verify back-ups are completing; maintaining documentation.
- Setup and install Enterprise level firewalls for our customers; verify firewalls are configured and functioning properly; maintain and update firewall firmware as needed; configure and troubleshoot VPN access.
- Setup and manage external DNS for mail servers, websites and other remote access; order and implement security certificates for the same.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; updating vendor certifications; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Support customers during non-business hours; participate in On-Call rotation.
- Account for time in time billing system; Update customer tickets with time spent on tasks; effectively communicate time requirements to customers.
Education and Experience:
- Three plus years of systems engineering experience
- AS degree in related field or combination of education and experience
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Mon – Fri; 8 am to 5:00 pm. with some nights and weekends. System Engineers are required to be on call one week a month. Direct hire, full-time w. benefits.
Monday, July 1, 2019