Quality Engineer (Automotive)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Farmington, NY
Quality Engineer-Automotive-Direct Hire - Farmington, NY
Location: Victor area
Class: Exempt/Full Time
Department: Quality Engineering
Citizenship: Company is ITAR regulated; applicants must have American citizenship or perm green card status
Travel: Occasional travel (mostly regional day trips is required)
Education: Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or Quality related fields preferred however will also accept associates degree with significant experience
Previous Experience: A minimum of 2 years of working experience in Quality Engineering with an emphasis on automotive applications, Experience in manufacturing of components (i.e. Machining, Injection Molding, Metal fabrication stampings, plating).Hazardous location/certified product experience desired
Automotive Quality Engineer
- Work Cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Customer in the development of new products, processes and maintenance of customer’s existing product.
- Work with customers in regard to Quality related issues. Prepare corrective and preventative actions reports (i.e. 8ds, 7steps). Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills are essential.
- Organize APQP activities of new product from conception to PPAP approval.
- Prepare reports for Management Review related to APQP, PPAP, Corrective Action and continuous improvement activities with the Customer
- Complete QA projects as required assigned by QE Manager
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical-, Electrical-, Manufacturing-, Industrial Engineering or Quality related fields. At a minimum a 2 year degree in the above fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in Quality Engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing of components (i.e. ; Machining, Injection Molding, Metal fabrication stampings, plating)
- Working Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and inspection practices.
- Competent Knowledge of ISO/IATF 16949, AIAG, and APQP Process
- Hazardous location/certified product experience desired
- Strong Statistical Process Control and Statistical Techniques
- Knowledge of LEAN / Six Sigma Techniques
Wednesday, June 12, 2019