Technical Project Coordinator
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Flint, MI
Position: Technical Project Coordinator/ Nuclear Engineering Applications
Location: Flint MI Area
Who may apply: US Citizens. (Dual citizenship, visa statuses or permanent green card status are not eligible)
Manages Others: No, although position is high profile and works cross functionally with many other members of the organization and the customer base
Education:Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred however will accept experience in lieu of education
Experience:5 years technical project support, preferably with Nuclear applications.Will accept a combination of education and experience
Summary - The technical project coordinator is a working office position at that reports directly to the Engineering Manager.In order to properly fill this position, the person must be highly organized and pay strict attention to detail. Will be responsible for interfacing with key company departments, team members, customers, and vendors to support the execution of non-fabricated nuclear projects.
Provide technical interpretation of customer and company drawings, request for quotes, and purchase order requirements.
- Complete commercial and technical portions of job review checklists and travelers (work instructions).
- Assist as needed in the company’s non-fabrication scope of components (i.e. machined components, assemblies, fans, condensers, chillers, radiant coils, pumps, valves, etc.) with respect to job quoting, order processing, and shipping, while improving on time delivery metrics and providing exemplary customer service.
- Can learn and initiate nuclear commercial grade dedication plan documentation and assist in nuclear commercial grade dedication plan execution for the scope of work.
- Maintain responsibility for ensuring that the company’s Engineering department adequately reviews and approves company drawings associated with the scope of work.
- Provide a “peer check” function for certification packages that are completed by the Quality Assurance Lead.
- Evaluate incoming customer requests for quotes for material, component, or service requirements.
- Report progress, needs, and challenges to management at a frequency to be determined by the team and management.
- Review internal procedures and hold/attend training to maintain continual improvement as well as strengthen areas identified as needing performance enhancement.
10.Generate/revise travelers and other work instructions and provide Guidance to Company Operations Personnel with respect to execution of developed work instructions
- Conduct engineering research activities with the Engineering Manager (e.g. specification review and code review for purposes of commercial grade dedication)
- Review internal procedures and hold/attend training to maintain continual improvement as well as strengthen areas identified as needing performance enhancement
- Report individual and observed company progress, needs, and challenges to management.
- Act as the primary interface for Engineering when Engineers are working remotely
- Take ownership of technical execution of all projects and maintain the authority to execute orders in this regard in the most efficient and expeditious manner possible within the boundaries of the company’s quality manual and written procedures
- 5 years’ experience in a similar technical project assistant / management role communicating technical needs of the customer to the shop floor and from the shop floor to the customer
- BS Degree in Engineering preferred
- Proficient in reading technical drawings
- Some experience responding for RFQ’s and defining purchase order requirements
- Excellent computer and communications skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in fast-paced environment
Wednesday, October 24, 2018