Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Canandaigua, NY
Three Shifts Available – 2nd shift, 3rd shift & weekend shifts
CNC Machinists perform set-up, dimensional inspection, and production operating tasks for various equipment, including live-tool lathes, Swiss lathes, grinders, EDMs, mills, and machining centers.
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Work on your feet, lift up to 40 pounds, and work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Setting up CNC equipment with limited supervision, including prove-outs of new processes and all adjustments required to obtain an approved First Article Inspection Report.
- Full dimensional inspections, including lengths, diameters, radii, finishes, and all positional and geometric requirements, both for First Article preparation and in process inspection.
- Running production quantities while maintaining process capability as well as meeting productivity standards.
- Trouble-shooting and process improvements during both setup and production.
- Working with teammates to ensure the team meets shared objectives.
- Performing routine maintenance of equipment.
- Using software tools to manage tooling inventory, review standards, collect SPC and capture job performance data.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Strong blueprint reading and comprehension. Understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 is a significant plus.
- Skilled in CNC setup and operation functions. Knowledge of programming is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of production tooling selection and use, including spindle tooling and cutting tools.
- Expert in common inspection and gaging techniques, including micrometers, bore gages, height gages, indicators, thread gaging, profilometers, and optical comparators. Working knowledge of CMMs, vision systems and other metrology equipment is a plus.
- Familiarity with SPC data collection and analysis as a tool to maintain process capability.
- Ability to meet productivity and quality standards while working with a diverse range of components, materials, and equipment.
- Basic computer and software skills. Strengths in CAD/CAM, SPC, ERP, inventory, or typical office applications is a plus.
Experience, Education & Qualifications
- Two to Five years machining experience including manual and CNC production equipment
- Reliable,dependable and daily attendance
- Two to Three years setup and production experience on CNC equipment.
- Diploma or degree in related technical field is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong inter-personal skills while working in a team based environment.
Monday, December 24, 2018