Coordinates and performs an assortment of duties related to plant logistics. Working closely with internal and external customers, facilitates timely outbound shipments. Prepares and reviews documentation for accurate transmittal and collection.
• Prepares domestic and international shipping documents such as commercial invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, air waybills, certificates of origin and labels.
• Generates internal documentation for multiple departments including shipping orders for manufacturing, invoices for accounting, etc.
• Reviews engineering documents, quality control documents and customer specifications to ensure correct shipping procedures are followed.
• Communicates with customers on domestic and international shipping requirements.
• Reports shipments to government agencies as required.
• Originate process and maintain records, collect and summarize data as requested.
• Manages the courier shipment process by using courier specific computer systems to arrange courier shipments and labeling/ loading packages.
• Works closely with purchasing, management and plant personnel on shipping related matters.
• Regularly performs computer input for document creation, correspondence and record-keeping.
• Communicates with carriers and forwarders. May include expediting and tracking shipments.
• Cross train as necessary within the department.
• Coordinates daily shipments to global customers.
• Completes clerical duties within the department.
• Works successfully in an individually and/or with others in a group setting.
• Performs other duties as assigned by departmental supervisor.
Education, Skills and Experience Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AS400, Adobe and Lotus Notes.
• The ability to multitask and change priorities frequently.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
• Domestic and international shipping/transporting (all modes, i.e. air/truck/rail) experience.
• May be required to move items up to 60 pounds for distances of up to 10 feet. May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels. Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary.