Data Ops Lead /Lead Data Engineer
Bringing Solutions That Make Business Better
Join Resolvit as a Data Ops Lead/Lead Data Engineer and be part of a creative, forward-thinking team. Our success at deploying skilled, highly knowledgeable experts has landed us on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies four times – and we’re just getting started.
As the Data Ops Lead/Lead Data Engineer, you will take a leading role in helping analyze the data platform within our multi-brand E-Commerce company. You will be extensively involved with a multi-functional team on highly visible strategic projects and work independently as needed. You will also tackle relevant Big Data engineering problems and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to the growing ecosystem of cutting-edge SOA based applications. Additionally, you will:
- Manage a large-scale, high availability, rapidly growing BIG DATA infrastructure on Google Cloud Services that supports multi data sources.
- Closely work with DevOps and other teams within the company to provide quick data solutions.
- Design, architect and build the data platform while using a variety of BIG DATA technologies
- Work closely in the team to analyze and develop data architecture such as ETL processes, ERD modeling, and physical database implementation with GCP Data Services (Big Query, Big Table, Data Flow)
- Contribute to the design, development, and roll out of new application features that impact databases
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the data/ETL architecture and the general application functionality used to maintain data integrity
- Develop Data Flow jobs to answer complex analytical and real-time operational questions
- Innovate by exploring, recommending, benchmarking, and implementing data-centric platform technologies.
- Provide support for both analytics and operational platforms
- Work closely with team-members to deliver defect-free solutions in a timely manner
- Update work status on a frequent, as often as daily, basis
- Follow and improve upon processes and policies for database application development methodologies and lifecycles
- Work on multiple projects at a time either independently or with a team
- Work with developers and business owners to provide database needs for the entire company platform
- Oversee the development and release of solutions to non-production environments
- Determine resource needs, drive hiring process, ensure successful onboarding of new team members, and implement strategies for employee retention
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- At least 7 years of experience developing solutions following standard methodologies within a large/complex environment
- At least 4 years of experience in Java or Python, and Data Transformation
- Bachelor’s degree in technology OR Master’s degree in computer applications
- Experience in the Agile process and implementing solutions to complex business and technical problems
- Have CI/CD working knowledge and inclined to be part of operations and support activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience in handling multiple teams
- Ability to set goals and objectives for team members, conduct performance reviews, and provide timely feedback
- Able to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business
- Capable of logical/physical database design, development, analysis, architecture, and modeling
- Experience in architecting multi-tier and distributed database applications
- Experience with Apache Beam
- Working experience related to Data Flow, Big Table, Big Query, and any Cloud Data Storage Buckets
- Strong logical and physical database design, development, analysis, architecture, and modeling
- Passionate about Data, BIG DATA, and ML- learning new technologies
- A good sense of engineering trade-offs, with an ability to understand the impact of software changes on extendibility, scalability, performance, and maintainability
- Experience with Kafka, Pub-Sub, and SQL programming, as well as performance tuning skills
- Good understanding of reporting platforms like Cognos and Business Objects
- Good team management and communication skills
At Resolvit, you’ll be given the support you need to grow in your consulting career. In addition to opportunities for advancement, we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance coverage
- Long-term and short-term disability coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Professional support from our Client & Employee Optimization Specialist
We currently have more than 100 open career opportunities across the country, so be sure to mention the appropriate Job Code with any correspondence!
Resolvit is an international technology consulting firm with industry-leading customers in the financial services, high tech, manufacturing, retail, life sciences, and government sectors. Through its partnerships, Resolvit delivers highly impactful, innovative solutions across five core areas: Infrastructure Modernization, Application Development Services, Enterprise Data Management & Analytics, Knowledge & Content Management, and Strategic Staffing.
Thursday, November 3, 2022