Software Sustaining Engineer
- Melbourne, FL or Remote
Bringing Solutions That Make Business Better
Join Resolvit as a Software Sustaining Engineer and be part of a creative, forward-thinking team. Our success at deploying skilled, highly knowledgeable experts has landed us on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies four times – and we’re just getting started.
As the Software Sustaining Engineer, you will work with a US based project team to coordinate and collaborate on sustaining activities. You will triage field issues, mitigate existing defects through analysis and software changes, and test all software changes to validate that the issues have been resolved and do not negatively impact existing functionality. You will also investigate production issues and provide quick turn analysis to the Support Team and Engineering. Additionally, you will:
- Develop and implement corrective actions to resolve system outages under high pressure environment
- Develop and implement corrective actions to prevent system outages in a timely manner
- Engage subject matter experts as needed to investigate existing defects and/or production issues
- Adhere to Support and Engineering processes and tools usage
- Develop software resolutions for backlogged defects
- Adhere to established software design and code guidelines when developing software resolutions for defects
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean, Agile, XP, CI, software and product security, scalability, documentation practices, refactoring, and testing techniques
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
- At least 7 years of experience sustaining highly available enterprise level production system
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience developing and installing patches onto live production systems
- At least 3 years of experience with JBOSS application framework
- At least 3 years of experience with client server architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another STEM major
- Ability to work on multiple issues/defects simultaneously
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS and performance optimizations
- Ability to read C++ /Java code and quickly determine the code's purpose and function
- Experience developing, debugging, and testing in a Linux environment platform environment
- Strong understanding and experience with configuration management practices and tools and build processes and tools
- Experience with software patching concepts and methods to deliver mitigating defects to a production system.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems with relational databases (Oracle) and run time databases, (Versant) or similar.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems with middleware/messaging technologies such as Oracle Tuxedo, IBM Message Queue (MQ), or similar
We currently have more than 100 open career opportunities across the country, so be sure to mention the appropriate Job Code with any correspondence!
Resolvit is an international technology consulting firm with industry-leading customers in the financial services, high tech, manufacturing, retail, life sciences, and government sectors. Through its partnerships, Resolvit delivers highly impactful, innovative solutions across five core areas: Infrastructure Modernization, Application Development Services, Enterprise Data Management & Analytics, Knowledge & Content Management, and Strategic Staffing.
Friday, April 16, 2021