Plant Manager - Silica Sand Mining and Processing
- Odessa, TX
Complete P&L responsibility for a 2M+ tpy silica sand mining and processing operation. Responsible for the safety of all salaried and hourly employees at this 24/7 non-union facility. Duties include but are not limited to budget development, safety, production, plant inspection, planning, preventative maintenance, and cost control. SOUTH CENTRAL US LOCATION. EXCELLENT COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING BASE SALARY, BONUS, 401K, COMPANY VEHICLE, AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE.
- Complete P&L responsibility for a 2M+ tpy silica sand mining and processing operation.
- Responsible for the safety of all salaried and hourly employees at this 24/7 non-union facility.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s which will provide a high standard of performance for plant operating personnel. Ensure operates at or above maximum design capacity. Identify bottlenecks and offer solutions to continuously increase capabilities of facilities.
- Responsible for management of budgets, safety initiatives, mine planning, cost controls, preventative maintenance, quality, production efforts, etc.
- Recruit, interviews, hires and train talent for salaried and hourly positions at the site.
- Ensure team members are skilled in the expected tasks to be performed; intervene accordingly.
- Track and reconcile weekly, monthly, and yearly inventories.
- Mining, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering degree a plus but not required.
- 5+ years of hands-on mine processing plant experience
- 5+ years of silica sand production experience (1+ million tons-per-year) a plus
- 5+ years of supervisory and leadership experience
- Lean 6-Sigma training desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A comprehensive knowledge of MSHA, and OSHA regulations and a working knowledge of EPA, and other environmental regulatory agencies as they pertain to the sand industry
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Candidate must have general working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions of a sand processing facility
Wednesday, October 31, 2018