Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor - Mining Operations
- New Iberia, LA
Oversight of maintenance and plant improvement projects related to electrical and instrumentation components for an underground salt mining operation.
- Subject matter expert for troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment, including programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
- Subject matter expert for electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with MSHA requirements.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
- Informs appropriate management and line mechanics of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Identify, document, and direct preventive maintenance functions as directed.
- Assists maintenance personnel with technical troubleshooting.
- Assists and trains other maintenance and other technical-level employees.
- Manages electrical and instrumentation related projects.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience with electrical controls and instrumentation components and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- 3 to 5 years of computer experience/operation and PLC programming.
- BS degree in electrical engineering or related field a plus but not mandatory in of strong work experience.
- Deep understanding of electrical and mechanical components used in a mining or plant environment.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently maintain, install, diagnose, repair and calibrate all instruments, controls, gauges and metering devices.
- Ability to perform complex testing to support the operation.
- Experienced in PLC Programming and troubleshooting, industrial plant electrical systems including medium and high voltage systems, radio and communications systems, methane monitoring systems, and project management.
Friday, November 9, 2018