Material Handling - Project Estimating Engineer
- Harrisburg, PA
Responsible for the preparation of detailed and highly accurate bid documentation in support of the sale of bulk material handling equipment to the minerals processing industry of North America.
- Ensure timely review of the customer’s Request for Quote and distribution of client specifications to relevant parties for their input.
- Review contractual terms for consistency with proposal and corporate policies.
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and Operations to make bid / no-bid decisions and establish related strategies.
- Work in conjunction with Customer Service, Process Engineering, and external vendors as required to ensure a fit-for-purpose product solution is developed.
- Work in conjunction with Procurement to prepare an accurate overall cost estimate for the project scope by preparing inquiries for equipment and evaluating vendor quotes for technical & commercial accuracy and completeness.
- Utilize CRM system for documentation and reporting of proposal activities and status by maintaining up-to-date and accurate system data.
- Prepare detailed and precise bid documentation in company standard procedures and in compliance with customers’ bid requirements, identifying and documenting exceptions and clarifications.
- Prepare firm offer approval requests and ensure the required documentation (i.e. Risk & Opportunity, Cost Uncertainty, Cashflow, & Project Presentation) is completed accurately and on-time.
- Answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings as a hand-off to Project Management and prepare and provide a complete handover package including technical and commercial details with financial review.
- Attend customer meetings as necessary to develop custom solutions and provide technical and commercial support in closing sales.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical, electrical, mining engineering or related
- Prior estimating experience serving mining or other heavy equipment industries preferred
- SalesForce and SAP experience is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of Minerals capital equipment products
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines
- Available to travel approximately 30%
Tuesday, June 19, 2018