Vice President / General Manager - Construction Aggregates
- Chicago, IL
Vice President / General Manager – Aggregate Mining, Processing Materials Distribution
Complete P&L responsibility for multiple aggregate mining and recycling operations, ready-mix plants, sales yards and related logistics serving a multi-State region. Provide leadership in terms of sales and business development, operations management, mine planning, safety, process improvements and maintenance, community relations, quality control, etc.. Maintain all MSHA and DOT compliance. Assist COO in the development of operational and business development strategies. MIDWEST US LOCATION, COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY, BONUS, COMPANY VEHICLE, COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, AND RELOCATION PACKAGE INCLUDED.
- Complete oversight of the production and sale of approximately 4 Million tpy of mined and recycled construction materials, ready-mix and related sales yards and transportation (barge, truck, rail).
- Directly reports to Chief Operations Officer (COO).
- Direct the regional sales staff with the goal of optimizing bottom line results.
- Audit mining and crushing operations to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
- Assure compliance with company policies, risk management other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate safety efforts with Corporate Safety for DOT and AWO compliance.
- Maintain an up-to-date status of all crushing and mining operations.
- Participate/Lead efforts on new mine development “green field” and the evaluation of any mining acquisitions.
- Ensure good communications and coordination between customer service and sales.
- Maintain productive and professional relationships with key vendors, suppliers, agencies customers.
- Monitor department performance and take corrective action when required.
- Create management training and development programs for employees as required.
- 10+ years experience in quarry operations management; previous multi-plant management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering disciple preferred; advanced degree or MBA a plus.
- Requires the ability to analyze and interpret financial results and to create strategic plans that support organizational goals.
- Relevant experience working with sales teams and business development planning.
- Ability to work in a stressful, environments that requires complex, technical information decision making.
- Must be able to present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have a strong analytical orientation with the ability to apply analytical concepts to complex business problems.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Strong experience interfacing with MSHA and other federal and state agencies.
- Knowledge of P&L management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Sunday, July 1, 2018