CAD Systems Administrator and Designer
- Milwaukee, WI
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the CAD Designer System Administrator performs a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing 3D component models and associated 2D drawings, preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings, establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data creation, and managing Autodesk Vault. Other duties to be performed as assigned.
- Uses assisted design/drafting software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop designs and details.
- Creates and revises production drawings (plan, detail and assembly drawings).
- Create detailed drawings including of parts, materials to be used, of one part to another, and of various parts of the structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Check, mark-up and approve drawings for release.
- Updates Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Communicates with vendors, field engineers, and manufacturers regarding new and revised prints.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference.
- Performs CAD database maintenance and manages the Autodesk Vault system.
- Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least five years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Highly skilled in Autodesk products: Inventor, Advance Steel, AutoCAD, and Plant 3D.
- Experience with Administration of Autodesk Vault required.
- Experience in equipment layout for manufacturing processes preferred.
- Experience with conveyors, material handling equipment, or material processing equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Professional Engineer license a plus
Thursday, February 7, 2019