Applications Engineer - Construction Aggregates
- Charlotte, NC, United States
(RELOCATION IS NOT REQUIRED. THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FROM HOME AS LONG YOU AS HAVE REASONABLE ACCESS TO A MAJOR AIRPORT.)
Responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on the proper application of crushing and screening equipment and ensuring optimum performance and customer satisfaction. Support sales activities of internal support team members as well as our external distributor sales team members. Provide the best possible solution for customers in the construction aggregates industry. RELOCATION IS NOT REQUIRED. THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK FROM HOME AS LONG YOU AS HAVE REASONABLE ACCESS TO A MAJOR AIRPORT.
- Provide technical and application support, guidance and advice as required both internally and externally for potential new installations and to optimize existing installations.
- Analyze crushing circuits to make qualified recommendations for new machinery and equipment selections, new or changing applications, circuit creation and/or circuit improvements.
- Periodically participate in plant audits with and key account personnel.
- Assist the Distribution Managers and Training Department as a trainer/instructor in proper application techniques and provide guidance for internal and external training materials.
- Analyze the customer’s production requirements and assist in the development of plant flow simulations and layouts.
- Collect and analyze field data for existing machines, new product launches, prototypes and provides resulting data to the business lines as required
- Provide special attention and guidance for production and performance warranty fulfillment and risks
- Provide sales support, technical problem solving or troubleshooting via site visits.
- Provide guidance for liner selection including but not limited to review and approval of application data forms and the related inventory requirements of crushing circuits
- Assist in the response and pricing process for complex equipment proposals required by the distributor network from time to time
- t service team members in the timely response to problem resolutions and proactive failure prevention
- e product and service presentations to key accounts and distributor crushing specialists
- e with our distributors in regional trade shows and trade association meetings.
- Four (4) year applicable Engineering or Technical Degree.
- 5+ years' progressive applicable industry, company, and product experience.
- Proven record of professional accomplishments and reliability.
- Keen understanding of construction/aggregate applications, the industry, and customers.
- Basic understanding of third-party distribution processes.
- Familiarity with various sales management processes.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work independently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on several projects at the same time with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to engage in problem-solving and process improvement.
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Exceptional verbal, written, and listening skills to facilitate presentations, manage internal and external interfaces and build strong relationships.
- Ability to travel overnight +/- 30% or more, occasionally on short notice.
- Valid driver's license and passport.
Thursday, August 2, 2018