Minerals Processing Equipment - Project Estimating Engineer
- Milwaukee, WI
Responsible for the preparation of detailed and highly accurate bid documentation in support of the sale of bulk material handling equipment to the minerals processing industry of North America. Position requires a strong knowledge of mineral processing equipment, process techniques and cost estimating.
- Ensure timely review of the customer’s Request for Quote and distribution of client specifications to relevant parties for their input.
- Review contractual terms for consistency with proposal and corporate policies.
- Lead the development of custom product solutions per client requirements.
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and Operations to make bid / no-bid decisions and establish related strategies.
- Work in conjunction with Customer Service, Process Engineering, and external vendors as required to ensure a fit-for-purpose product solution is developed.
- Work in conjunction with Procurement to prepare an accurate overall cost estimate for the project scope by preparing inquiries for equipment and evaluating vendor quotes for technical & commercial accuracy and completeness.
- Utilize CRM system for documentation and reporting of proposal activities and status by maintaining up-to-date and accurate system data.
- Prepare detailed and precise bid documentation in company standard procedures and in compliance with customers’ bid requirements, identifying and documenting exceptions and clarifications.
- Lead teams of estimators, process engineers, and support engineers in the execution of proposals that bundle multiple pieces of equipment from multiple proposal offices into a single packaged proposal.
- Prepare firm offer approval requests and ensure the required documentation (i.e. Risk & Opportunity, Cost Uncertainty, Cashflow, & Project Presentation) is completed accurately and on-time.
- Answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings as a hand-off to Project Management and prepare and provide a complete handover package including technical and commercial details with financial review.
- Attend customer meetings as necessary to develop custom solutions and provide technical and commercial support in closing sales.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in mechanical, electrical, mining engineering or related
- 4 or more years experience estimating experience serving mining or other heavy equipment industries
- SalesForce and SAP experience is preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport
- Knowledge and understanding of Minerals capital equipment products
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines
- Available to travel approximately 30%
Tuesday, June 19, 2018