Mechanical Designer-Material Handling Systems
- Salt Lake City, UT
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Conveyor Design Engineer performs a variety of design activities including conveyor layout, design, calculation, detailed specifications for components, (head/tail pulleys, shafts, belts, drives, etc.), preparing 3D component models and associated 2D drawings, and preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings.
- Applies experience to design appropriate bulk material conveyors for aggregates, sand, mining, minerals, and other related industries.
- Uses assisted design/drafting software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop designs and details.
- Uses appropriate design validation software such as Belt Analyst.
- Creates and revises production drawings (plan, detail and assembly drawings).
- Create detailed drawings including of parts, materials to be used, of one part to another, and of various parts of the structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicates with customers, vendors, field engineers, and manufacturers regarding project related work.
- Required experience: Mechanical Design: 5-10 years
- Experience with conveyors, material handling equipment, or material processing equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
- Bachelor's degree or completion of a technical school in mining, plus at least five years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills abilities.
- Highly skilled in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Professional Engineer a plus.
Thursday, February 7, 2019