Material Depot Manager - Terminals
- Detroit, MI
Responsible for the management of terminals distributing bulk products by rail, truck, and barge. Manage personnel, perform reporting, contract negotiations and environmental at the depots. Regularly interface with sales, transportation and mining operations.
- Manage product inbound, outbound, and inventory for remote terminals, including daily truck and scale activity.
- Manage remote terminal costs and assets, including maintenance, repair, and capital for all equipment.
- Manage all contracts and subcontracts associated with remote terminals.
- Implement and manage remote terminal security, environmental testing, corrective action, and permits.
- Perform remote terminal audits and manage project quality control.
- Manage remote terminal truck distribution and logistics.
- Implement and manage capital improvements and construction projects associated with remote terminal upgrades or new installations.
- Manage 3rd party agency/temp vendors.
- Investigate accidents or unsafe conditions at remote terminals.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Manage all contracts associated with terminals including but not limited to rail carriers, land leases, trans loaders (sub-contractors), truck companies, and equipment.
- Implement and maintain daily, weekly, and yearly reports and summaries on rail and truck production, inventory, remote terminal equipment/asset maintenance, and railcar fleet management & tracking.
- Daily activity and material inventory reporting.
- Coordinate and interact with government agencies, including state, counties, and local personnel.
- 5+ years of experience with operations, repairs, and maintenance of mobile distribution equipment OR 2+ years of experience with rail and truck distribution logistics.
- Experience in bulk materials handling, personnel, reporting, contract negotiations and environmental management.
- HS diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- Extensive experience with the broad, multi-mode carrier base including truckload, ocean, rail, and LTL.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with truck/bulk/inventory programs, MS Windows applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and techniques used in planning, budgeting, reporting, and staffing.
- Works effectively with others, has strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, can communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and good presentation skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to resolve and overcome issues, problems, and roadblocks to meet objectives.
- Travel required 30-50% of the year.
Monday, July 2, 2018