CAD Technician / Detailer
- Milwaukee, WI
- Create drawings for new products, changes to existing products and special design requests using computer-aided design technology under the direction of design team
- Preparing bill-of-materials and bolt lists on new and changed designs and special design requests.
- Utilize all applicable past jobs as a base point in starting a new drawing
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time
- Check detailed shop drawings
- Maintains drawing files (CAD, PDF and other documentation)
- Process plate shapes using CNC software for production
- Compile all information and be a point of contact for involved parties
- Under the direction of a Designer or higher position, prepare information for needed documentation (Drawings for operation manuals, maintenance files, purchase part info records, etc.) related to a design project
- May participate in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing.
- Inform supervisor of any schedule or timeline changes
- Work requires technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school.
- 3+ years of experience with AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Between 1-3 years of work experience is required.
Thursday, February 7, 2019