Process Improvement Engineer - Industrial Minerals
- Tallahassee, FL
Support company strategic mission, vision and corporate values through the development and implementation of improvement initiatives aligned with business goals. Utilize Process Improvement Engineering principles to reach and maintain high manufacturing OEE while optimizing operational processes. In all activities considering that products and services must meet customer requirements.
- Provide leadership skills to successfully implement operational and process improvements throughout the manufacturing organization.
- Utilize proven Lean, TPM, or Six-Sigma style analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify opportunities for cost reduction, quality improvement, process streamlining, lead-time reduction, inventory reduction, and similar type improvement areas.
- Utilize Process Engineering tools to evaluate manufacturing processes for the opportunity for improvement. Typical (but not exclusive) evaluations would include: Heat Balances, Mass Balances, system efficiency studies, time studies, and similar activities.
- Based upon the findings in the above two areas develop and implement systems and/or projects to achieve the identified opportunity.
- Deploy and update (if required) a standardized set of manufacturing metrics to track improvements within the assigned Plant/Location.
- Set improvement opportunity parameters, assemble and train teams (if a team-based improvement), and lead the teams through the improvement processes to ensure improvement objectives are met. Effectively utilize resources that are not directly under her/his control to achieve both individual and team goals.
- Optimize the plant floor layout, material flow, and change processes through implementation of engineering concepts.
- Perform failure analysis using one of several standard RCFA techniques then lead corrective and preventive action initiatives.
- Perform FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) for selected problems that are deemed to qualify for in-depth review using this tool.
- Generate Process Improvement related procedures and specifications to address identified needs discovered in the course of the improvement work.
- Be an active member of the Process Improvement Team participating with others on common projects.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures and take action on all unsafe events.
- Travel (typically 10% to 15%) by land and/or air.
- BS degree in industrial, mechanical, chemical engineering or similar.
- At least three (3) years related experience and/or training and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the Process Industry and experience in a process manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Hands-on experience and the successful use of Process Improvement concepts such as Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Lean, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Six Sigma, and similar tools.
- Hands-on experience creating and revising standard operating procedures, process work instructions, and forms. Creating and revising process standards as needed.
- Experience in Process Engineering analysis, calculations, and conclusions.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and similar analysis of systems.
- Background in the following industrial areas would be deemed helpful (although not required): Mining, Raw Material Milling, Raw Material Drying, Automated Packaging, Warehousing/Shipping/Material Handling of Finished Goods.
Friday, November 2, 2018