Layout Engineer - Material Handling Systems
- Nashville, TN
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Layout Engineer performs a variety of design activities including plant layout, equipment selection, design, calculation, detailed specifications for components, preparing 3D component models and associated 2D drawings, and preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings.
- Applies experience to design appropriate bulk material processing plants for aggregates, sand, mining, minerals, and other related industries.
- Uses assisted design/drafting software (Autodesk Inventor) to develop designs and details.
- Uses appropriate design validation software as needed.
- Create detailed drawings including of parts, materials to be used, of one part to another, and of various parts of the structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Communicates with customers, vendors, field engineers, and manufacturers regarding project related work.
- Experience with plant design, bulk material conveyors, material processing and handling equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
- Bachelor's degree or completion of a technical school in mining, plus at least five years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills abilities.
- Highly skilled in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn new processes and applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Professional Engineer a plus.
Friday, January 18, 2019