Engineering Manager - Material handling Systems
- Milwaukee, WI
Responsible for developing, managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the growing engineering department. The ideal candidate will have deep industry knowledge and the drive to optimize our performance to best serve our customers.
- Directly supervise engineering department consisting of engineers, designers, drafters, and support staff.
- Manage operations of the Engineering team. Assigns workload making use of the team members’ capacity and skillsets to ensure the team is operating at the highest level of performance.
- Manages all engineering projects and resolves engineering problems.
- Manage 3rd party outsourced engineering, selection, schedules deliverables.
- Work with sales and project management to develop proposals for customers that meet and exceed their expectations.
- Responsible for providing engineering quotes, pricing, and design based on customer specifications.
- Perform capacity planning and provide solutions to meet continued growth while maintaining customer schedules.
- Ensures continuous improvement in process, cost, quality, efficiency and production.
- Coordinates activities of department with other units or organizations.
- Provides phased estimates of all engineering work in process.
- Evaluate the results of engineering projects regularly and reports these results to the executive team.
- Ensure exceptional quality of all deliverables, both internal and external.
- Bachelor’s degree in structural or mechanical engineering. PE license for Wisconsin is a plus.
- Minimum of 15 engineering experience with 5 years managing engineers and technical staff; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery.
- Proficient with Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor software. Tekla, RISA, and Prosteel experience a plus.
- Proven experience in managing complex design projects.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with employees and customers.
- Excellent problem solving and skills and the ability to think independently.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Some travel will be required.
Friday, January 18, 2019