Mechanical Engineer – Bulk Material Handling
- Nashville, TN
- Design wet and dry processing systems under the direction of a senior engineer.
- Design pumping and piping systems.
- Design chutes.
- Review request for bid documents to prepare equipment lists.
- Work with project management to create engineering schedules and budgets.
- Prepare plant layouts showing locations and arrangement of equipment, piping, and structures.
- Create Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Work with Procurement in developing specifications, evaluating potential suppliers, equipment and services. Inspect purchased material upon receipt or in the vendor’s facility prior to shipment, to ensure that specifications are being met.
- Provide technical assistance to project management/ field during the project life.
- Keep informed of the latest trends in technology, tool, materials and equipment that may be beneficial to the company.
- 10-20% overnight travel
- BS in Mechanical or Mining Engineering
- General construction and process knowledge in material handling, preferably within the aggregate or minerals industry
- Ability to work with customers and project managers.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and contractors.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Willingness to work hard and learn fast.
- Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project (preferred), Inventor, AutoCAD
Thursday, February 7, 2019