Production Supervisor - Surface Mining Operations
- Ottawa, IL
Responsibility for the safety of production teams performing related responsibilities for a 1+ million tons per year mining and minerals processing and related transload sites. Manage, coach and mentor employees for the success of this state of the art surface mining operation.
- Ensures all safety and production requirements are met.
- Set the example in terms of safe work practices, performance, attitude, and work ethic for all other department members to emulate.
- Work with Production Manager and other team members developing plans related to improving plant production efficiencies, equipment uptime, employee training and mentoring programs, safety programs, etc..
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a crew of other employees in any assignment and complete the work with minimal supervision.
- Work to track and maintain necessary product inventories daily, monthly, and annually.
- Oversee all aspects of their assigned production area.
- Consistently be able to communicate with other departments to maintain plant efficiencies in all areas.
- Track and complete daily production tracking and reporting.
- Must possess the ability to work with manufacturers and /or vendors to maintain technical training standards for their assigned employees and production area.
- Work with the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and availabilities.
- Maintain proper inventory of production supplies.
- Continually work to improve plant production key indicators and efficiencies.
- Promote safe work practices in all conditions and circumstances.
- Consistently practice good housekeeping principles and reinforce these principles to others.
- 3+ years previous operations management experience in industry with a preference towards the mining and minerals processing industry.
- BS degree in engineering or related field preferred but not necessary in exchange for strong related work experience.
- Previous experience working with MSHA and other related State and Federal agencies a plus.
- Strong ability to lead, coach and mentor hourly employees.
Monday, August 20, 2018