Director of Surgical Services
ROI Search Group
- Aventura, FL
ROI Search Group is a leadership consulting and executive search firm. We believe that people are an organization's most important asset, therefore, our approach to both company and candidate screening to acquire the most qualified talent is unique by design. Drawing upon seasoned experience, ROI Search Group’s proprietary methods provide a better understanding of client goals, job requirements and company culture.
Our client is in search of a seasoned Director Surgical Services for the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals.
- Participates in employee and patient rounding.
- Identifies and mentors potential future leaders.
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety.
- Oversees program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification policy.
- Monitors and responds to quality event reporting.
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment requests.
- Responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve.
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community.
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external networks.
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably or nursing required
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Combination of education and/or experience
- Must have RN License
- Case Management Certification preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred
Tuesday, January 8, 2019