Our client is a real estate development company with offices in Eugene, Bend, Boise. Their work focuses on secondary, lifestyle-oriented markets throughout the Intermountain West. They develop mid-sized to large scale mixed-use, urban development projects. Our firm is dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a proper work/life balance. They have an outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and leading real estate development firm. They are proud of their people who deliver skilled, professional services every day, and are looking to add a dedicated individual who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager/Controller to provide accounting oversight to the organization and to the various real estate development project across the Intermountain West. This position would work directly with the company owner’s and project managers across the offices in Eugene, Bend and Boise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Accounting - Manage day-to-day accounting activities for the organization and a portfolio of real estate development projects and assets throughout the Intermountain West. Responsible for leading the general accounting and the monthly close process. These duties include but are not limited to:
* General ledger - Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliation for assigned general ledger accounts.
* Monthly accruals – Prepare entries for monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed asset depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification of journal entries while maintaining associated schedules.
* AP/AR - Prepare and process invoices for development projects and internal operations. * Banking - Record deposit receipts; complete monthly statement reconciliations.
* Financial reports – Monthly journal entries and allocation of expenses to development projects. Coordinate with project managers to oversee the overall financial health of development projects, financing, lender draw requirements, and investor relationships.
* Financial Analysis – Review and analyze financial data for defining monthly variances. Proactively identify and correct transaction errors.
Job-Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with three to five years accounting experience preferred
* Excellent interpersonal communication, writing, negotiation, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain a cooperative and team-oriented working relationship with a wide range of people, such as other employees, and professionals from financial institutions, public and private funders, and regulatory agencies.
* Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Applications
* Strong working knowledge of Excel.
* Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis.
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
* A demonstrable understanding of accounting policies and procedures including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
* Effective and creative problem solving;
* Demonstrate sound judgment in managing competing priorities, tasks, and deadlines;
* Willingness and ability to adapt quickly as program and organizational needs evolve;
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a close-knit team
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance; a deferred compensation retirement plan that includes an employer match (eligibility for the plan begins after six months of employment); paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; flexible work hours. Our client is committed to the professional growth of all employees and provides excellent training and continuing education opportunities.
If that sounds like, Apply below!