Status: Full-Time Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho
Job Summary: Our client is a custom formulation manufacturing company. The SR. Chemist will work with the customers and Customer Experience team to develop customer specific products based off product briefs. In addition, Sr. Chemist will lead other chemists to develop unique and innovative product concepts for clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Research and create new and innovative formulas, and reverse engineer products.
2. Evaluates new product briefs received from customers to source new materials and write preliminary formulas to evaluate pricing.
3. Evaluates customer product redirects and reformulations and adjusts formulas accordingly in Product Vision.
4. Acts in a mentor-like role for formulation chemists and technicians
5. Responsible for first time production batches.
6. Produces laboratory batch size formulas, divides the formulas into sample containers and labels the samples accordingly.
7. Initiates and leads internal training programs with assistance from other staff members and provides Training and coaching of new chemist/technicians.
8. Coordinates with Account Management to pack and ship samples to customers.
9. Prepare Qualitative Ingredient Listings, Formula Approval Forms and Pricing Reports for sample submissions.
10. Maintain detailed, accurate and organized formula documentation in product green folders.
11. Implement and maintain R&D processes and procedures.
12. Partners with compounding, to ensure successful pilots and first manufactured batches.
13. Partners with compounding to perform batch reworks as necessary. Provides technical support and maintains close involvement with customers and account managers during the product development process.
14. Support customer requirements by thoroughly understanding all restrictions related to product briefs, brand, and timeline
15. Assists with marketing presentations, outlining the ingredients, and benefits of the product as needed.
16. High level involvement with new innovation including brainstorming sessions, sharing of raw material and package innovation as well as creation of selected innovations.
17. Maintains good working relationships with raw material suppliers to source new materials and obtain pricing and regulatory documentation.
18. Attend raw material supplier meetings, as needed.
19. Assists with innovation programs and marketing presentations, outlining ingredients and benefits of products as needed.
20. Evaluates preliminary stability samples for pH, viscosity, color, odor, and appearance and determines test results.
21. Performs other duties as assigned or needed for this position as Senior Chemist.
The essential duties listed are representative of the major duties required of this job; ability to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation is required. This company may make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of business.
This job description is not designed or intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
Physical and Mental Demands
Interested in Applying? Awesome! Email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume!