Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
Along with Route Networking Group, our client is seeking an emerging, professional leader with a proven track record in strategic financial management, identifying key financial performance indicators, and operational planning. This is a rare opportunity to join a business technology company that has an ambitious plan and is already profitable and growing.
In this role, you will report to the CEO and Executive General Manager. You will hold executive accountability for all financial reporting, controls, forecasting, and accounting. You will have three key areas of focus:
- Personally, lead strategic org-level financial processes like annual budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, and other key analyses.
- Set the structure and direction of the finance and accounting department.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for all team members across the department.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
- Liaise with executive leadership team members, supporting them in making data-driven and fiscally prudent decisions for their departments and operations.
- Lead the Finance team as a strategic, high-output service center to the rest of the departments.
- Serve as a culture shaper of the company, upholding culture of rigor, structured thinking, data-informed analysis, and financial responsibility.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
- Develop systems and perform oversight maintaining a robust financial model for the company, conducting periodic scenario planning, monthly reporting, and other functions as requested or required by the CEO and Executive General Manager.
- Be a thought leader on how to improve monetization and a sounding board on improving processes to help optimize company financials.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, third-party accountants, etc.
- Verify the financial compliance for the company with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Combine strong business and financial acumen to make key decisions backed by data and analytics.
- Manage process for financial forecasting, benchmarking, budgets, and negotiations.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of all financial software systems.
- Manage accounting team and ensure accurate and timely handling of all accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Oversee the payroll functions bi-monthly.
- Work with company accounting firm and auditors and supervise the completion of all audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are a great fit if the following apply:
- Passion for and love of learning.
- Have led some function(s) of finance at the Director level – ideally in a fast-paced B2B company or similar.
- Establish and drive an effective balance between growth aspirations and affordability in budgeting/forecasting process. Have a proactive and collaborative approach, you love working with people and people love working with you.
- Sense of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality about employee and business issues.
- Strong data entry skills with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and within a transformational team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or equivalent knowledge/experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years in mid to senior level finance or accounting position focused role.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- HR experience preferred.
- Awareness and general understanding of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to facilitate discussions with all internal departments in a diplomatic and constructive manner and to support customer relations.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills: Windows based PC programs: (i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Positive, friendly, and supportive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills, adherence to company policies, programs and work rules.
- Highly motivated, self-directed and results driven.
- Sound judgement and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Physical demands include sits, squats, bends, lifts and moves during working hours.
- Responsibilities may change from time to time. Allied Business Solutions reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of ABS and its executives.
- This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021