Systems Engineer - Internal
Route Networking Group
- Boise, ID
Systems Engineer - Internal
Job Classification - Exempt
The Systems Engineer - Internal at a high-level, ensures that the IT infrastructure is in place to meet company needs and is responsible for testing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking systems. This includes providing quality technical support to internal customers through one or all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity. The Systems Engineer - Internal may design, install and maintain the company’s assets and train staff on hardware and software as needed.
- Provide remote or in person support for desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals and other computer related devices
- Install, configure, test, maintain, support and debug operating systems, software, and infrastructure.
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure.
- Repair and replace broken or otherwise damaged systems and resources.
- Performs high-level root cause analysis for service interruption recovery and implements preventive measures.
- Maintains and tracks asset inventory through hardware procurement and refresh; ensures systems are up to date with latest software and operating systems, security patches and software, etc.
- Manages lifecycle of company equipment, including laptops and desktop machines, monitors, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact for employee software/hardware issues.
- Administrate employee email and groups.
- Manage, secure and maintain employee systems and internal resources including LAN, VLANs, WAN and VPNs.
- Aid in securing physical office premises and maintain corresponding systems.
- Ensure security, privacy and integrity of resources and data.
- Assists with implementing and enforcing security policies and practices.
- Requisition and setup employee systems.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required (Computer Science, Information Systems, System Engineering, Cyber Security).
- Excellent customer service, communication and time management skills.
- Team player.
- Familiar with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
- Familiar with basic networking and security concepts (vlans, subnetting, firewalls, multi-layered security, least privilege).
- Comfortable troubleshooting various network connectivity issues.
- Able to investigate and repair employee hardware and software issues, in-office and remote.
- Able to prioritize issues.
- Familiar with Google Workspace and device management systems including Meraki, Mosyle, Prey.
- Strong experience working with and supporting Audio-Visual hardware and software
- Must possess a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Tuesday, July 27, 2021